We have all grown up listening to all kinds of weird and crazy lies and from none other than our own parents. They made up silly reasons to make us do things. And we poor things gave them the benefit of doubt since they are our parents and well, senior! Some of them were really scary and others just plain dumb and yet we all believed them with our utmost faith! Well, done mom dad..you scarred us for life..check #1.
1. ‘Beej nahin khana nahin toh stomach mein ped ugg jayega’!
You are scared even to this day not to swallow a seed accidentally, tree or not!! But definitely the ‘root’ of this fear lies in the lie your mom told you! 😉
2. ‘Raat ko bahar nahin khelna nahin toh sher aajyega’.
Yes mom, perhaps this is why they coined a city too as a concrete ‘jungle’!!!
3. ‘Chalo so jao varna baba potli mein band kar ke le jayega’.
You always wondered ‘who is this baba, baba?’ But nevertheless you did hide in the safety of your blanket each night to escape him!
4. ‘Zyada pas se T.V. dekhoge toh aankhein kharab ho jaengi’.
You believed her and kept a good distance, but that didn’t stop you from watching it anyway. Mom, you should have framed your sentence better.
5. ‘Chewing gum khane se paet andar chipak jyega’.!
You still wonder how could they scare you so much?!! Didn’t they love you?!! LOL
6. ‘Chai piyoge toh kale ho jaoge’.
You knew she was right. Milk-white, skin-white; tea- black, skin-black…it all made sense.
7. ‘Naha lo varna billi kaat legi’.
WTF did the billi had to do with your hygiene?!!
8. ‘Sare chocolates toh chuha kha gaya’.
Ohhh… this vicious mouse! How did it always find your chocolates from under your pillow!! That was the most secure place on earth!!
9. ‘Chalo kha kar dekho kitna yummy hai’.
Uggghhhh…! You wish you had the brains to understand then that its the indicator that the food is just ‘yuck’!!
10. ‘Isse bilkul dard nahin hoga. Bas chiti kategi’.
The most painful lie… literally!
11. When you are enjoying your ride, ‘Abhi ghar chal do kal papa fir le aayenge yahan’.
12. ‘Chalo ab Chikoo ko sone do varna dono ko kala bhoot pakad kar le jayega’.
Kala bhoot was never to be argued with… not even for a question over playing with Chikoo all night long!
13. ‘Abhi TV band kar do. Cartoons ko bhi toh sone jana hai’.
If only you could actually see their noses growing.
14. ‘Pair dhokar sooo (sleep) varna haa ho jayega’.
What was that haa you don’t know… but you it was something very bad… And so, washed your feet to bed anyway.
15. ‘Ye bacchon ke liye nahin hai. Kadvi dawai hai. Chii chii..’
You wish you had that much sense to question your parent why they served ‘bitter medicines’ to the guests.
16. ‘Agar baal comb nahin karoge/two ponytails nahin banaoge toh sab apko dirty boy/girl kahenge’.
How could you let obnoxious Bittoo or itraalu Pinky to look better than you.
17. ‘Doodh piyo nahin toh hamesha ke liye itne se reh jaoge’.
Nooooo!! That means you will never be able to get down the jar of cream bikkis from the top shelf of kitchen on your own?!!
18. ‘Maggi nahin khani chahiye nahin to hap bhi maggi jaise ban jaoge’.
If only you knew what does that even mean! But anyway, who ,likes to look like limp noodles?!!
19. ‘Yeh toys toh chhote bacchon ke liye hain. Aap toh big ho na?’
No no no… I’m not falling for that one!! I want it now!
2o. ‘Bas abhi chal rhe hain ghar’.
Nope. Won’t be any better till a century goes by even if you make them promise!
21. ‘Laet kar padhoge toh dadi jaise chashma lag jaega’.
image source / Featured Image Source
For more such entertaining stories do
on twitter. You are awesome!