Even imagined a tiger in your bed room? Sounds creepy…but its imagination of the Artist which portrays variety of expression through their creativity. Famous Artist Karen Knorr has made a beautiful Photography fusion of her rich visual culture, the foundation myths and stories of northern India, focusing on Rajasthan and using sacred and secular sites to consider caste, femininity with its relationship to the animal world. Live animals are inserted into the architectural sites, fusing high resolution digital with analogue photography.
Enjoy the beauty of this fusion!
1. Flight to Freedom, Juna Mahal, Dungarpur
2. The Witness, Humayun’s Tomb, Delhi
3. The Queen’s Room, Zenana, Udaipur
4. The Gatekeeper, Samode Palace, Samode
5. Waiting for Atman, Junagarh Fort, Bikaner
6. The Sound of Rain, Junagarh Fort, Bikaner
7. The Private Audience, Aam Khas, Juna Mahal, Dungarpur
8. The Conqueror of the World, Podar Haveli, Nawalgarh
9. The Messenger, Purana Qila, Delhi
10. The Avatars of Devi, Samode Palace, Samode
11. A Place like Amravati, Udaipur City Palace, Udaipur
12. The Maharaja’s Apartment, Udaipur City Palace, Udaipur
13. The Survivors, Deogarh Palace, Deogarh
14. Disccussions Concerning Rasa, Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur
15. The Joy Of Ahimsa, Takhat Vilas, Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur
16. The Return of the Hunter, Jaipur Palace, Jaipur
17. The Inheritor, Moti Mahal, Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur
18. Durga’s Mount, Juna Mahal, Dungarpur
19. Bhakti, Path of Sants, Shiva Temple, Hampi
20. Attaining Moksha, Ajanta Caves, Ajanta
21. Becoming Arihanta, Sahastrabahu Temple, Gwalior
22. The Palaiyakkarars, Hazarama Temple, Hampi
Images source via Karen Knorr
You may also follow Artist KarenKnorr on Facebook
If you like this story, don’t forget sharing it with your friends.
For more such entertaining stories do
on twitter. You are awesome!